Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 44.01 | 2044 Preview

Post by Dington » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:10 pm

2044 Preview

March 31, 2044
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Coming off an 81-81 record in 2043, Nashville’s 2044 season looks to be another mediocre affair, despite leading the Frick League in wins this spring. While most of the team will be returning, Bluebirds GM Chad Nason made a few changes in his first full season at the helm which should keep the team competitive while simultaneously building their weak farm system.

The biggest move of the offseason was sending veteran SP Elliot Buckland and middle infielders Jesus Yan, and Mike England to Las Vegas to be reunited with former Nashville GM, Matt Rectenwald. In return, the Bluebirds received a pair of middle infielders in 2B Phil Logan and SS Reynante Alvero. The pair will help fill a void left in the infield, but the important part of the haul were the two SP prospects acquired, Scott Bugbie and Adrian Custello.

“We are really excited by the young guns we got from Vegas,” said Nason. “Snow God was an incredible pitcher for us, but he’s aging and prone to getting hurt. He was just not a logical plan for our squad, so we were able to unload his salary to his lovestruck former GM. Yan was also an important piece to our team, but he is becoming more expensive through arbitration and wasn’t a part of our long term plans. Mike just never got his feet under him in Nashville, so hopefully he can rebound his career in Vegas. Bugbie and Custello might be a couple years away from the show, but we’ve already seen great strides from them since acquiring. I expect them to be a vital part of our rotation for years to come.”

To help replace Buckland and shore up the rotation immediately, Nason signed former Hustler SP Alvin Chartrand, who is coming off a 4.03 ERA and 1.24 WHIP season. He has been a 2+ WAR player in 4 of the past 5 seasons, so locking up the right hander for five years at $6.5 million per season seems like a smart deal, especially considering the final year is a team option.

SP Alvin Chartrand

Bluebirds CF Kidane Ata is also a part of Nason’s future, signing an extension to keep the Kenyan patrolling the outfield through 2047 with team options the following two years. The deal makes Ata will be the team’s highest paid player.

CF Kidane Ata

“I’m very excited to be with the Bluebirds for many years. This is a dream come true and I am very happy with Mr. Nason. I was a little worried when Mr. Matt left and I did not know if I would stay in Nashville. Go Bluebirds,” said Ata.

The rather underwhelming moves this offseason do not put the Bluebirds in position to battle Yellow Springs and 2043 Landis winners, Louisville Sluggers, but a wildcard berth is not completely out of the question. It appears the club is focusing on the future, so while a winning season is optimistic, 2044 will be considered a success if the Birds play .500 ball.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”