GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 43.04 | Wake Me Up When September Ends

Post by Dington » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Wake Me Up When September Ends

September 15, 2043
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Image[/align ]

As we approach the final two weeks of the 2043 BBA regular season, the Nashville Bluebirds playoffs hopes look to be less than optimistic. With a record of 2-10 in the month of September, including losers of their past six, Nashville’s grasp on a wildcard berth has been greatly depleted. While not mathematically eliminated quite yet, Nashville is 5 games back of the final wildcard spot with a 1% chance of making the playoffs.

Nashville hosted Valencia and only managed to win one game against the rebuilding Stars. The Bluebirds bats just didn’t wake up enough in what should have been progress in the wildcard standings.

Then, in a pivotal matchup versus Twin Cities River Monsters, the Birds went on to drop 2 of 3 to further distance themselves in the Frick League wildcard race. The River Monsters now sit just outside the playoffs where the Bluebirds hoped to sit.

Hoping to turn things around in another crucial matchup against wildcard contending Chicago Black Sox, the hosting Bluebirds were swept in three games, burying Nashville in the wildcard standings. The Bluebirds were dismantled by September call up, John McClain, who treated Bluebirds batters like German terrorists on Christmas Eve en route to his first career win.

“We just haven’t been able to get hot when it matters most. We’re busting our butts every day, but just can’t seem to put it altogether at the same time. We’re still fighting and hopeful things will turn around this week,” said catcher Alberto Rodríguez.

The team traveled to Louisville with visible disgust of their recent performances and it didn’t look like spirits were very high. After dropping the opener 5-6, the Bluebirds continued their losing streak in a heartbreaker 16-inning affair in the second game. The Sluggers will host the Bluebirds in the finale where Nashville must win.

The Bluebirds have a favorable schedule to finish the season, with matchups against Omaha Cyclones, Des Moines Kernels, and Madison Wolves, the only teams beneath Nashville in the Heartland division standings. While a sweep over the next three sets is unlikely, it is within the realm of possibility. That would lead up to the final test to end the season – a four game matchup with runaway leaders, Yellow Springs Nine. In an ideal world, the Nine would be resting their players for their playoff run, giving the Bluebirds the smallest sliver of hope.

Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: The Nest | 43.04 | Wake Me Up When September Ends

Post by recte44 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 pm

This is what I was afraid of with the Bluebirds. Hang in there, you're still in the mix. As many 4 man rotation sims as you can to maximize Buckland.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 43.04 | Wake Me Up When September Ends

Post by Dington » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:04 pm

recte44 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 pm
This is what I was afraid of with the Bluebirds. Hang in there, you're still in the mix. As many 4 man rotation sims as you can to maximize Buckland.
Had a rough stretch there with no rest days so had to go hack to 5 man. Was considering going back to 4 man if I can get to my team today before sim.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”