GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

recte44
GB: Commissioner

A Flock of Bluebirds 2043.8- Buckland Turning Heads

Post by recte44 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:24 pm

A Flock of Bluebirds 2043.8- Buckland Turning Heads
June 2, 2043

Elliot "Snow God" Buckland is coming off his worst start of the 2043 season, a six inning outing against the Long Beach Surfers at Les Paul Field in Nashville. "I didn't have my good stuff, and I never felt comfortable during the game," said Buckland. Cliches such as the two Buckland used to describe the start on May 29th are usually reserved for pitchers who are struggling mightily. In the case of Elliot Buckland, that couldn't be further from the case.

When Buckland went six innings in that game, allowing four runs on eight hits while only fanning one batter (but walking zero), it was indeed statistically his "worst start of the season". The end result, however, was his seventh win against just one loss. You see, Buckland has been downright dominant this season for the Nashville Bluebirds.

"It's not often a 35 year old, injury prone, no-stuff guy has a career season but here we are," said Buckland with a wink and a smile. To go along with the shiny 7-1 record (second in wins in the Frick League), he's leading the Frick League with a brilliant 2.07 ERA, is second in Winning PCT (.875) and fourth in BB/9 (1.0). His 0.98 WHIP is right on the fringe of the Frick's top five pitchers as well. "Obviously, luck plays a role in putting up numbers like these, and I gotta give credit to my defense and catchers for their awesome performance this season," said Buckland.

Indeed, Buckland has experienced his share of good fortune this year. His .242 BABIP is the lowest of his career, and his Fielding Independent Pitching comes out to 3.77, still a good number but reflective of the luck he's gotten thus far.

For Buckland, he's most proud of another number. "It's eleven, mate," the Australian native said. "Eleven times they've asked me to start and eleven times I've taken the mound. Health has been the key for me. Let's keep it rolling, hey?"

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Re: A Flock of Bluebirds 2043.8- Buckland Turning Heads

Post by bigmike13 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Always loved ole Buckland
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”