GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

recte44
GB: Commissioner

A Flock of Bluebirds 2042.13- Two moves to bolster offense

Post by recte44 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:57 pm

A Flock of Bluebirds 2042.13- Two moves to bolster offense
July 7, 2042

If there was one obvious move the Nashville Bluebirds had to make to immediately improve their team, it was at the second catcher spot on their roster. Despite a quick start, Jesus Ayala simply wasn't getting it done. Bluebirds GM Matt Rectenwald knew exactly where to look as he once again dipped back into his former team in Las Vegas to get his man. Nashville gets veteran Claudio Perez (with the Hustlers retaining his full salary this year), while Las Vegas gets 18 year old relief pitcher prospect Wayne Hewat and veteran minor league catcher Jose Fuentes. "I know Claudio was pretty unhappy losing his job over there, and he just happens to have the perfect skillset for what we're looking for. He gives great defense and some pop against lefties," said Rectenwald.

A few weeks later, having seen Jesus Yan go down for 2-3 months with recurring back spasm issues, Rectenwald set his sights on an infield bat. Third base was not the position of need, but then again Rectenwald doesn't always buy for need. "If I can get a bat like this, I'll make the pieces fit," Rectenwald chuckled. That bat? Michael Best from the Long Beach surfers. Nashville did have to not only give up their 2nd round draftee from this year in Edward Griffin, but they also had to part ways with reliever Hyun-sik Chang in order to fit Best under the league salary cap. "Chang was pitching well for us," Rectenwald said. "The salary was a rough one, and so we decided to bite the bullet." With the acquisition of Best, it seems that Tony Frost would be getting most of his playing time at second base now.

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”