GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

recte44
GB: Commissioner

A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.7- Transactions Roundup

Post by recte44 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 am

May 19, 2040

With a new GM in Nashville it was fully expected that the 40 man roster may see some early season churn, and that has certainly been the case in the last few weeks. The Bluebirds hit the waiver wire hard and also extended a player that many thought was not going to be in the long term plans of Nashville.

Sunday, May 6th, 2040

3B Doug Glover, Jr. was claimed off waivers from Jacksonville.
The move gives Nashville some more infield depth, though Glover, Jr. has a reputation as a bad clubhouse guy. Outrighted to the minors.

RP José Rivas was claimed off waivers by Charlotte.
Despite making the Opening Day roster, Rivas was never used by Bluebirds manager Daniel Labrie, Jr. and was deemed expendable. No surprise to see his former GM take a flier on him.

RP Matsuo Yamamoto was claimed off waivers from Portland.
This pretty much sums up how bad the Bluebirds minor league pitching prospects situation is: Yamamoto is their #1 pitching prospect (at least for a minute before the draftees sign). Yikes.

Sunday, May 13th, 2040

SP Francisco Barrera was claimed off waivers from Boise.
As bad as Barrera has been, we still think he could at least be a decent reliever, if not an acceptable fifth starter. He'll get a start in the next sim with Bert Hugill losing his 40-man spot (at least for now).

LF Bart Cluett was claimed off waivers from Louisville.
SP Rafael Rodríguez was claimed off waivers from Louisville.
RP Axel Goulding was claimed off waivers from Louisville.

All three of these players were waived despite having minor league options, and with multiple 40-man spots open we figured they were worth a look.

GM Matt Rectenwald was familiar with the former Las Vegas Hustler Cluett. His speed and versatility are still attractive to his former (now current) GM.

Rodriguez holds at least a little appeal as a potential two-way player, which is the role he'll be given a shot at in the minors.

Goulding is probably the most talented of the three. He'll report to AAA Orlando and be given a long look as a stopper.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2040

Signed 2B Sam Wade to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $5,400,000.

Upon taking over the Nashville franchise, Rectenwald had an opinion about Wade. "Honestly, I didn't think he was very good," admitted Rectenwald. "I thought he was overpaid and disposable. You could say I've changed my mind." Indeed he has, as Wade is now a key piece to the infield puzzle for at least the next two years.

7teen
BBA GM

Re: A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.7- Transactions Roundup

Post by 7teen » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:29 pm

I was hoping Yamamoto would clear waivers. But alas he didn't. The lower MO guys don't seem to be working as much in Portland and my 40-man is packed so I needed the roster spot.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.7- Transactions Roundup

Post by GoldenOne » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm

recte44 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 am
May 19, 2040

With a new GM in Nashville it was fully expected that the 40 man roster may see some early season churn, and that has certainly been the case in the last few weeks. The Bluebirds hit the waiver wire hard and also extended a player that many thought was not going to be in the long term plans of Nashville.

Sunday, May 6th, 2040

RP José Rivas was claimed off waivers by Charlotte.
Despite making the Opening Day roster, Rivas was never used by Bluebirds manager Daniel Labrie, Jr. and was deemed expendable. No surprise to see his former GM take a flier on him.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2040

Signed 2B Sam Wade to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $5,400,000.

Upon taking over the Nashville franchise, Rectenwald had an opinion about Wade. "Honestly, I didn't think he was very good," admitted Rectenwald. "I thought he was overpaid and disposable. You could say I've changed my mind." Indeed he has, as Wade is now a key piece to the infield puzzle for at least the next two years.
Rivas can take care of some lefties, but that is about it.

Wade - I could never get him down that low. Maybe still a little too high but not horrible.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”