GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

recte44
GB: Commissioner

A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.1- Coaching Staff Named

Post by recte44 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 pm

A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.1- Coaching Staff Named
December 1, 2039

The 2039 season is over. Brett Golden has moved out of his office and on to his new club in Charlotte. Fans of the franchise have now closed the chapter on "The Plan" and also on the nickname "Goats".

Matt Rectenwald now sits in his office at Les Paul Field, manning the helm of the newly named Nashville Bluebirds after seven decades with the Las Vegas Hustlers.

"There's a lot of work to do, and we'll get right into doing it," said Rectenwald. "First order of business was to solidify the coaching staff."

It ended up being a total shakeup of the personnel. We'll take a brief look at the 2040 Nashville Bluebirds Coaching Staff.

Manager: Daniel Labrie, Jr.

Labrie, Jr. enters the coaching profession without climbing the ranks as a BBA Manager. While he doesn't exactly match the typical profile of a Rectenwald manager, he has the mindset the GM was looking for. "Obviously we're familiar with each other from Vegas, and I know one thing about him- he's a winner," Rectenwald explained. "We're changing a culture here, and while I usually prefer my manager to be a bit more player friendly I think Danny's fire is what we need at this point."

Bench Coach: Todd McKeever

Easygoing with a Sabermetric way of thinking, McKeever seems to fit the Rectenwald mold of managers. "We're counting on Todd to be a balancing presence in the clubhouse, and to help guide Danny in his first year in this role," said Rectenwald.

Pitching Coach: Horace Young

Having served as a bench coach for Atlantic City in 2035, and then a Short-A manager the last two seasons, the former pitcher Young will actually be a pitching coach for the first time in his career. "We think he'll fit quite nicely in that role," said Rectenwald.

Hitting Coach: Alexander Rigney

A veteran of nine seasons as a manager, Rigney will serve as a hitting coach for the first time in his coaching career. "Sounds like 'Gimp' will be focusing on contact from the outset, which fits the current roster well," explained Rectenwald.

Assistant GM: Grant Hardin

Coming along with Rectenwald from the Hustlers is Hardin, his assistant in Las Vegas for the last two years. "Grant is a sounding board, we'll find lots of things to keep him busy," said Rectenwald.

Team Trainer: Alejandro Martinez

The 35 year old Martinez is highly respected as a doctor but this is his first foray into being a BBA trainer. "I aspire to be the next Dr. Carmona and become a legendary trainer," said a smiling Martinez.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.1- Coaching Staff Named

Post by bschr682 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 pm

probably should bring over Rectenberg while you're at it... just sayin...
GM Vancouver Mounties

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: A Flock Of Bluebirds 2040.1- Coaching Staff Named

Post by recte44 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am

Dont really have a spot for him at this point. Bummer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”