The Goat Rope 2039.5 - The Brain Speaks

GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Goat Rope 2039.5 - The Brain Speaks

Post by GoldenOne » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:46 pm

In a rare public appearance, Goats's GM Brett "The Brain" Golden held a surprise press conference with the two reporters the weren't fortunate enough to be at the All Star game.

"I'll take one question and then I have a comment. There will be one question after my comment and then I will be done."

Goats Beat Reporter Jimmy Olsen III was one of two reporters in attendance at Les Paul Field. (The other was a local high school reporter, Sonny Hooper, Hillsboro High) that was busy eating some of the pimento cheese sandwiches in the press box.

Olsen: You're only taking one question? Okay, what are you plans.....
Golden: Yes, one question. Thank you. Now onto my statement.
Olsen: [Under his breath] Damn, I should have known better by now...
Hooper: [Under his breath] Dumbass.

Golden: This will be my last season as the GM of the Goats. Question?
Olsen: Yes....
Hooper: Shut-up dumbass, you already screwed up the last question. Sit down bitch, I've got this one.

Hooper: I have one question, but its a 3-part question. (See how I did that Olsen.)
Hooper: A) Are you being fired or are you quitting?
B) What is the reason?
C) Can the Goats ever get back to the playoffs?

Golden: Smart man. You can learn something from him Olsen. Hooper, would you ever date the GM's daughter?
Hooper: Hell no, that would be stupid.
Golden: See what I mean Olsen!

Golden: A) I am leaving of my own volition. (That means its my choice Olsen.)
B) Nashville is a great city. The fans are great and they love this team. However, I'm not the one to bring the Goats back to the playoffs.
C) Yes. And because I like you Hopper, I mean Hooper, I'll give you a little more. But just you. Olsen, time to go.
Olsen: But.....
Hooper: Beat it Olsen!

Door closes behind Olsen......

Golden: Look, I'm not quite sure what it is here. Hank is great owner. I've managed to get him to increase the budget by $15M since I took over, and that was not an easy accomplishment. But even with that increase in budget, Hank expected me to end with a $26M surplus between 2037 and 2039. So, I manage to get an increase to my budget of $45M over that span but I have to still have $26M of that left over after everything else? With the demand of these players these days, even the average ones, you need to spend to make the playoffs and you need to make the playoffs to make the kind of money that Hank is demanding we make. Add to that the utterly ridiculous stadium deal that was made just before I took over.....well, its going to be a while before the Goats get back into contention. Now, I think we've got some great young players on the team right now and there are a bunch more down in the minors, but it will be a few more years before it all comes together. I wish the team and the city well, but I wont be here when all of that materializes. Come back here when you are done with college, the Goats will be good by then and you'll have a great future here. Unlike that dumbass Olsen. Good luck to you kid!
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”