The Goat Rope 2038.1

GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Goat Rope 2038.1

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Its been a quiet off-season for the Goats. After a roster overhaul in 2037, the 75-87 finish was not what Nashville fans expected after coming off their surprising 80-82 finish in 2036. With Spring Training just moments away, fourth year Goats Beat Reporter Jimmy Olsen III caught up first year Manager, Wes Poole.

Olsen: Welcome to Nashville. This is your first job as a Manager, what do you think you can bring to this Nashville club?
Poole: Well, its pretty simple - the GM, Mr. Golden, straight up told me he wanted someone inexperienced, someone cheap, and someone fiery. That sounds like me so I took the job. By the way, why arent you talking to him instead of me?

Olsen: Well, he didnt much like me being engaged to his daughter. While I cant prove it, it is just a little too coincidental that two days after I questioned him in his favorite restaurant, I was drugged and woke up in a remote Amazonian tribe. I didnt know where I was and didnt have any more or a passport. I barely made it home in time for Christmas. His daughter doesnt believe me and is no longer speaking to me. I was barely able to get my job back. No way am I taking any chances talking to that man again.

Olsen: So, what do you think happened last season? The team was poised for a great run but it fell apart somewhere.
Poole: Well, the season started off well enough. And then the famous injury bug hit. Unfortunately, it hit the hardest in the place that was the hardest to overcome - the pitching staff. We had 24 different pitchers rotate through the staff last season. And while he wasnt the same pitcher he was in his early years, losing Atsumori 'Eyechart' Maeda in the early part of last year's spring training surely didnt help. Losing a Captain and team leader like Don Bird for the season after he pitched only 5 games didnt help either.

Olsen: You're owner is extremely mad at GM Golden for last season's performance and budget issues. You're attendance numbers last season were the lowest than in any of the previous 11 seasons, minus the 66 win 2033 season. They were even worse than the 45 win 2035 season. Yet your season ticket numbers were higher than the recent past. Why do you think that is and what is being done about it?
Poole: You'd have to man-up and talk to the GM about attendance concerns - that's not my concern. All I will say is that people show up to watch when you are winning. Sure bobbleheads are cute, but everyone wants to watch winners. That's what I'm here for. That's what I working on achieving. Now, touye, mwen dwe travay.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Goat Rope 2038.1

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:46 pm

You gotta watch out for the boss's daughter, I suppose.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”