Stop Winning!

GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

jcrmoon42
Ex-GM

Stop Winning!

Post by jcrmoon42 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Fellas, seriously...you clearly don't get our situation here. We are out of the playoff run. This season is done for. We're just playing out the string. We've only got four games left, and winning them does absolutely nothing for anybody. This sim, you decided to play hard and won your way out of last place in the division! What the heck are you thinking? You really want the Kraken and the Jimmies to pick ahead of us in the next draft? Where are your loyalties!?

You just took three out of four games from the Hustlers! Of all teams! The Hustlers! Here they are trying to win the Wild Card, and you've got to take three straight from them? Do you just like watching a good pennant race? You can't be in it, so you might as well make it exciting!? What gives?

Cisco Ortiz, let's start with you. You're supposed to be all glove, no bat! Are you trying to justify being traded for with an 8 for 18 sim? And you! Manuel "Super" Roman! Suddenly you decide to take your nickname seriously? Jesus Gonzalez! At least you are supposed to be a hitter! But why now!? And Kontos! Four homers! Look, man, I love you, but knock it off! Tony Velasquez! I didn't bring you up from the minors to go 3-1! I brought you up to fill in until we could get somebody better! Know your role, Knucklehead!

Really, Guys. Let's get this thing done. There are three teams you can fall behind this sim. You can do it. I believe in you!

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Stop Winning!

Post by ae37jr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:52 am

It may not mean anything to you, but there are two teams whose seasons are in the line. If you are more concerned about draft picks then winning games, I'll give you my 1st round pick next year if you win your last 4 games. That should more then compensate for the one or two spots you'll fall. Besides Charm City is already guaranteed a top 4 pick and draft order is weighted over a 3 year stretch. I'm too lazy to do the math, but your draft position is probably already just abut locked in to where it will be at the end of the season.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:35 am

ae37jr wrote:Besides Charm City is already guaranteed a top 4 pick
Is that confirmed? I was wondering how that would work. Didn't know if you guys have gone through this before and that was policy or I missed something along the way. I know it's weighted so I guess us 4 would go by record?
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:34 pm

bcslouck wrote:
ae37jr wrote:Besides Charm City is already guaranteed a top 4 pick
Is that confirmed? I was wondering how that would work. Didn't know if you guys have gone through this before and that was policy or I missed something along the way. I know it's weighted so I guess us 4 would go by record?
It's confirmed. Recte posted it here.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:36 pm

ae37jr wrote:It's confirmed. Recte posted it here.
Thank you!
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

jcrmoon42
Ex-GM

Post by jcrmoon42 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:59 pm

ae37jr wrote:It may not mean anything to you, but there are two teams whose seasons are in the line. If you are more concerned about draft picks then winning games, I'll give you my 1st round pick next year if you win your last 4 games. That should more then compensate for the one or two spots you'll fall. Besides Charm City is already guaranteed a top 4 pick and draft order is weighted over a 3 year stretch. I'm too lazy to do the math, but your draft position is probably already just abut locked in to where it will be at the end of the season.
Lord knows I have never ever done anything less than try to win games. I will always put my best foot forward no matter the situation. The competitor in me can do no less.

That said, I certainly didn't expect the team to actually start winning. I will certainly do my best to win the last four games. Happy to oblige.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Me thinks Alan doesn't yet understand Jason's humor. :)

allenr
Ex-GM

Post by allenr » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:06 pm

LOL. That was a clear case of "over the head" :)
GM Edmonton Jackrabbits (2030-??)
2030: 65-97 | 2031: 70-92 || Total: 135-189

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”