BBA GM

Hawks Nest, v27.6 - Checking the Locks: SS

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:35 am

SHORTSTOP

SURE FIRE LOCKS: Vicente Trevino

HOPEFULS:

LONG SHOT: Jesus Perez

Analysis:

Well, Trevino may have bene the most talked about player during this offseason (link here in case you missed it). He is an elite defensive SS who is almost the best you can get rating wise. His range is not quite the best (8 rating) but he is top notch overall. There is some debate about the sustaining power of his stat line defensively but the possibility is there. Offensively he is above average for a defensive minded shortstop. How is that for a crap answer! Lol.. Even as an average at bets plate guy he carried a .293/9/63 stat line last season. I’ll take another plz, k, tks. Oh, he plays every day also (when not injured) so I expect him to be a set it and forget it type player. I love it when Joe has done all the leg work to fill a lineup with 159 game players at every position.

Perez is a 23 year old prospect who appears to be nearly fully developed. He has only played in low level minors where he has been tearing things up. I need to remind myself to scour my minors to reset the table there. I fully expect his ML value to be a defensive version of Trevino. Yep, you heard that right. I am not saying better defense but more accurately no offense. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

udlb58
Ex-GM

Re: Hawks Nest, v27.6 - Checking the Locks: SS

Post by udlb58 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Trevino is a nice player. Probably about a league average bat for SS and very good (not elite) defense. He's probably the 5th-8th best defender at shortstop (Moulin, Aparicio, Soto, Vasquez, Kilger / Archer / Trevino / Lancaster). Moulin and Aparicio are elite defenders.

Still, that's [well] above league average defense and probably a league average bat for the position. Nothing to shake a stick at.
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”