BBA GM

Hawks Nest, v27.4 - Checking the Locks: 1B

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:17 am

FIRST BASE

SURE FIRE LOCKS: Cisco “Nightmare” Guerrero

HOPEFULS:

LONG SHOT: Haku A’amakualenalena. Ramon Saucedo

Analysis:

Guerrero is the real deal. He was brought onboard via trade a few seasons back and was inserted into the ML roster at 20. Now 24 he is coming off of his worst full season as a ML’er but still carried a .292/18/96 stat line. He’ll likely be placed as the starter at 1B and batting 3rd in the lineup ahead of Hinson. Expect the kid to get his usual 20 homers, 95 RBI’s and batt around .310. His walk and strikeout totals started to level out last season so I am hoping for an improvement there. Especially since he just hit what appears to be full development. He only played in 161 games last season as he was dinged up for a game. Otherwise this kid could have started another consecutive game splayed streak like that other Hawk (Jordan). Guerrero is also above average defensively at 1B which is a bonus.

Hama A’amakualalelena is a long shot to make the team. I just don’t want to type that name again. Ever. He plays decent although not good defense at 1B and can hit the long ball. Maybe. If he can catch up to it. Nah, he’s a minor leaguer now. If injury hits and this dude is playing we’re in for it. I may stick Jordan back at 1B.

Saucedo may be the better option if Guerrero goes down for any reason. He is a plus defender and is ok across the board at the plate. He doesn’t have much high level experience but he is probably the better option over the other guy*.

*I am not typing that name again. Seriously. I should just cut the guy so I don’t even have to think about doing it.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

udlb58
Ex-GM

Re: Hawks Nest, v27.4 - Checking the Locks: 1B

Post by udlb58 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Yikes on Haku and Ramon. There are better guys to plug in on most AA teams.

Nightmare is definitely a force, especially against lefties.
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”