Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 54.16 | Brooks Eliot Debuts

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:21 pm

Brooks Eliot Debuts

May 20, 2054
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

With Sammy ‘Bumper’ McNeill shipped off to Charm City, a gaping hole was left in the middle of Nashville’s defense. Niaz Minhas is expected to be the team’s primary SS, but rookie Brooks Eliot has been called up to reinforce the infield. Eliot is, of course, the son of Nashville GM Chad Nason, but no calls of nepotism are being heard as Nason’s spawn is a highly-touted prospect and fans are excited to see him play.

INF Brooks Eliot

It is expected that Eliot will primarily play 2B, which will allow Helmut Grün’s concrete feet to move to 1B, pushing Wafid Bishr to DH. Jorge Gutiérrez hasn’t found his groove yet this season and will be relegated to the bench. Eliot went 0-2 in his debut against the Chicago Black Sox before being lifted for a pinch hitter late in the 0-1 loss. The next day he would give Tony Frost a breather and get the nod at 3B. In the 4th inning he took a first pitch fastball over the left field fence for his first career homer.

“I was excited to give my wife the news,” said Nason. “She was washing the dishes when I said ‘Wanna hear the good news?’ She asked ‘What’s happening in the Brewster?’ sarcastically and I told her our son made it! Then I had to deliver her some bad news and tell her our eldest, Brand, was likely being cut. Hope the kid has a great career, it just won’t be in the BBA.”

Eliot was originally drafted by the Brooklyn Robins with the 2nd overall pick in 2049 and traded to Nashville later that winter. After struggling in 2050 with the short A Springdale Roosters, Eliot found his form, batting .351 in 2051 and hasn’t looked back. He continued his torrid pace in 2052 before being called up to AAA Orlando Oranges and batted .330 over parts of three seasons. He was hitting a robust .360 in 2054 before his callup to the Bluebirds. While he doesn’t possess great power, expect 10-15 a year from Eliot with the potential for more as his body fills out his frame.

McNeill will be missed, but at least the Bluebirds weren’t left without options. Eliot’s future looks bright and fans will be excited to see him in the lineup.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 54.16 | Brooks Eliot Debuts

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:27 pm

I'd expect to see that 2B rating go up with playing time at the position. The base infield defensive ratings are better than that.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 54.16 | Brooks Eliot Debuts

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:41 pm

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:27 pm
I'd expect to see that 2B rating go up with playing time at the position. The base infield defensive ratings are better than that.
He'll be a solid 2B, but doesn't have the range for SS or arm for 3B. Had pretty good ZR at SS in minors, though. +0.5 ZR at SS over the past three seasons. Not great, but seems better than what 8 range should have.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”