Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 53.05 | Just in Case

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Just in Case

April 7, 2053
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

When Nobuhito Kan was sent to the IL, the Bluebirds owner immediately called GM Chad Nason.

“It was a short call,” said Nason. “Mr. Wang said bring up Vampimpen or you’re fired. I don’t think I’ve ever had an easier decision. And we’re ecstatic to have him back on the squad.”

While the move may have been best on paper, it was likely done to avoid litigation more than anything. Reports state that the LGBTQZ Alliance has expressed displeasure with the handling of Samuel Vankrimpen’s demotion prior to Opening Day.

“I know why I wasn’t included on the roster,” said Vankrimpen. “I had an absolutely fabulous sub 2 ERA in spring training and a 3.38 FIP in Nashville last year. If that’s not reason to be a big league player, then something silly must be going on. It’s sad that threat of a lawsuit was the deciding factor for the call up, but I hope it’s not a distraction to the team. I already feel like I’ve been an outcast my entire career and don’t want this to create a bigger chasm.”

RHP Samuel Vankrimpen

Vankrimpen will come into a Bluebirds bullpen that has yet to allow a run in 18.2 IP this season. Kan has been hit by the injury bug the past two years and finds himself sidelined with a strained hamstring. The 27 year old was a strong Nebraska candidate in 2049 with a 2.71 ERA and 4.7 WAR, but was sent to AAA for rest towards the end of the season.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”