Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 49.14 | Lock Traded for Mao, Aranda

Post by Dington » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:24 pm

Lock Traded for Mao, Aranda

August 4, 2049
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The Nashville Bluebirds have added depth to the roster in a mid-season trade with the Phoenix Talons by adding a couple of veterans. 1B Liann-wei Mao and utility man Jorge Aranda are headed to Nashville with their salaries completely paid by the Talons while 1B Odemar Lock and AAA LHP Keith Kinnear.

Lock has spent his entire career with Nashville since being drafted in the 18th round of the 2041 amateur draft. He quickly rose through the ranks and became an immense power threat doubled with great patience at the plate. Despite just a .212 AVG since his debut in 2045, Lock has a respectable .343 OBP and .410 SLG. However, he is expected to make around $2.4M in arbitration this offseason and the Bluebirds are projected to be over the salary cap, so having the veteran Mao playing for free is a huge asset.

1B Odemar Lock

Mao, 32, is having one of his rougher seasons at the plate in 2049 after coming off 3.6 and 3.5 WAR seasons in 2047 and 2048, respectively. Management is hopeful The Chairman can regain his form after playing in the dreadful Phoenix organization.

1B Liann-wei Mao

“Being eliminated in the final week of the season year after year really takes a toll on you,” said Mao. “I have to be honest and say I was a little unmotivated, but the move to Nashville with a chance at winning a title excites me.”

Mao should man 1B next season as well, but his level of playing time may be compromised by the arrival of top prospect, Wafid Bishr. Aranda will serve the remainder of the 2049 as a utility player for the Bluebirds before becoming a free agent at the end of the year. Expect to see the veteran in LF after Kazuyoshi Ohayashi tore a hip plexor tendon and will miss another month. Aranda can also spell Roberto Viramontes at 2B.

UTIL Jorge Aranda

When asked about why the Talons decided to make this move, GM Sean Marko said “It’s all about Grand Slams. Per contractual duties with Denny’s, we needed to hit more Grand Slams. Mao and Aranda haven’t had any this season and Lock already has two. The decision was easy.”

Whether or not this move helps the Bluebirds this season is to be seen, but fans are excited about the veteran presence and the front office will have one less problem to worry about in 2050.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”