Slug This...The Hopkins Era 2007 2.8 Drafting some guy

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

felipe
Ex-GM

Slug This...The Hopkins Era 2007 2.8 Drafting some guy

Post by felipe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Owner Robert Elliott knocks on GM Hopkins door...

“Come...”

“Hi GM…I was passing by and thought I’d step in…”

“Yea, listen…I’m sorry for trying to kill you yesterday…it really wasn’t that professional of me.”

“That’s ok…it really didn’t hurt that much after I passed out…but hey, good thing that girl-scout came by when she did!”

“Yeah…she was one strong 8 year-old! I can’t even open my right eye today!”

“I know! You should see the welt I got on my skull where she slammed our heads together!”

“…and my arm is sore…I think she pulled it right out of the socket…”

“You know…I’m glad she broke up the fight and all…but did we really have to buy 12 boxes of cookies?”

“You tell me…she had me pinned under the water cooler, you were the one free…cowering in the corner.”

“I was afraid she might hit me again…do you think we should call the police?”

“What! No way! She might come back!”

A secretary pokes her head in the doorway, “Phone call GM…commissioner Rectenwald.”

“Geez…”groans Gm Hopkins picking up the phone,”What does that nut bunch want now?”

“Louisville…you’re up in the draft.”the phone receiver crisply states.

“What draft? There’s a draft?”

“2008 amateur draft…you have four hours…”says the phone ominously, and clicks off.

“GM! What’s going on?”

“Apparently there’s some sort of draft today…have you seen my copy of Baseball America?”

“Yeah…I left it in the stadium executive john…”

“Hmmm…ok…nevermind…do we have any scouts around?”

“Well…no…GM…you fired them all…you said you could do a better job sitting in front of your computer in your underwear.”

“Oh yeah…hmmm…this might be a big deal…any idea where McNecrity or Silk are?”

“Well…McNecrity should be coming in to the stadium soon for our game tonight…but Silk is down in Ocala for their homestand.”

“Ocala, huh? Where is that, anyway?”

“Damned if I know…”

“Guess it’s down to me then…what’s your log in details for baseball prospectus?”

“Let me key it in…I don’t want anyone to overhear…and…you’re...in”

‘Urine! There’s piss all over me!”

“GM, that wasn’t funny the first time, and it still isn’t forty times later.”

“Tough crowd…Hmmm…ever hear of this ‘Waffle House’ College?”

“No…is that a joke or something?”

“So that’s what you find funny?...look at this… they got this senior there…Zach Bauer…kid can blow some smoke…almost got 100 k’s”

“Let me see…5 years? Who gets to play college ball for five years? What is he? A doctor or something?”

“That’s not the important thing…the important thing is he got better each and every year.”

“I’d get better at something too if I got an extra year over everyone else.”

“You’re missing the point…and he’s left-handed!

“What is it with you and left-handers? It’s like you’re obsessed…you never say ‘starting pitcher’ or ‘closer’ you always identify guys with ‘left-hander’.”

“OK! Enough already! Look, do you like this guy…or do I have to keep surfing the net?”

“I don’t know…how much coin does he want?”

“Probably about One point two million to sign…”

“1.2 million!”

“Hey, take it easy, that’s like 1/9 what you’re paying Reginald Harnois this year alone…”

“Hmmm…”

“To play first base in Missouri.”

“He’s what?”

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”