Slugger Shavings 2060.4 - Checking in with Jose Barrera

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2060.4 - Checking in with Jose Barrera

Post by RT60 » Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:28 pm

Rookie Jose Barrera stopped to reflect how quickly his world has changed. Just two short years ago he was drafted 12th overall in the first round of the draft. A good rookie ball season saw him start 2059 in AA where he played so well he was soon promoted to AAA. After doing well in AAA, he took advantage of the departure of Mu'ayyad bin Nu'man (which allowed Gary Grant to move from 1B to DH) to start the 2060 season as the Slugger's first baseman.

Barrera knows that all eyes are on him for some time. He is the team's highest rated prospect and a crucial part of the team's desired ascendancy back to relevance. He is an elite defensive first baseman who can hit for average and extra bases. He has an amazing eye and often had more walks than strikeouts in the minor leagues.

With the recent trade of Amphibian Johnson, the team is now Jose's. Sure, there are other first-round picks like Gustavo Canales, who was an all-star Diamond Glove winner last year. But everyone knows Jose would be the first kid picked on the playground when choosing teams. "I am not getting cocky. I am just keeping my head down and trying to figure out the pitching up here. I am striking out more than usual so I am not going to smile until I start correcting that. Plus, we know the Rainmaker is coming soon and once that happens I doubt anyone will remember my name," said Barrera. Barrera is of course referring to the most-recent first-round pick of the Sluggers, Tankut 'Rainmaker' Kostadinov . He will soon see his first action in rookie ball and promises to be a future star.

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”