Slugger Shavings 2059.1 - Fountain out of Water

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2059.1 - Fountain out of Water

Post by RT60 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am

In a somewhat surprising move, the Sluggers decided not to exercise the final contract year for Mal Fountain. This saves the team from shelling out over 12M in 2059 for the 37-year old's services, though it may cost the team more in upset fans. Fountain was arguably Louisville's best player last season, and would likely be worth the money in normal circumstances. But these aren't normal times.

GM BP was effusive in his praise for Fountain: "I want to thank Mal for the last four years. It took him a year to get settled, but he has been a rock. We are really going to miss him, but he deserves to play for a winner. We simply can't provide that for him right now. It has been almost a decade since he won it all with New Orleans. I hope he gets another chance."

"Whoa, I didn't expect that," said Fountain. "I thought they would keep me another year given what I bring to the team. The fans love me. I guess the silver lining is that I can now focus on getting a long term deal to possibly finish up my career somewhere that has a chance to win."

Rumors are swirling that efforts are being made through back channels to extend Fountain to a long-term deal in Louisville before he hits the free agent market. Stay tuned.

JRamirez
GBC GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2059.1 - Fountain out of Water

Post by JRamirez » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 pm

There goes the offense
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), from 2058 offseason

RT60
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2059.1 - Fountain out of Water

Post by RT60 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 pm

JRamirez wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 pm
There goes the offense
offense is overrated. Though I probably shouldn't say that given my team's overall ERA.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”