Slugger Shavings 2058.2 - Checking in with Amphibian

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2058.2 - Checking in with Amphibian

Post by RT60 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 am

His name is Amphibian Johnson. He has quietly become the glue that keeps the Sluggers from devolving into something like the Yellow Springs Nine. He is a vacuum cleaner in CF and is consistently one of the better hitters on the team. He was GM BP's first-ever draft pick, and will never leave the team. Never.

He was a scrawny beanpole of a kid growing up in Williston, ND. In high school he stopped growing, maxing out at 6'8" with only 200 pounds on that frame. He still can't seem to put more weight on. His personality never stood out. What did make people take notice was how unfortunately bad he was at basketball, and how good he was at baseball. He was never a leader on a team, yet he was always the best player overall.

His bony arm has never been able to put much zing on the ball, but his anticipation and speed in CF make him look like a defensive wizard, gobbling up balls that many would not. Last season this wizardry was recognized as he won the Diamond Glove award. At the plate, he consistently hits for a high average and most importantly gets on base at the top of the order. He is still working to refine his eye, and he will never have a lot of pop, but he has consistently been one of the best overall hitters on the team, and was 5th in the league in hits last season.

He was drafted in the first round, 28th overall, by the Sluggers in 2052. Injuries allowed him to get his first taste at age 17, and he won the starting role at age 18 in 2054. He barely spent any time in the Louisville farm system. His precociousness has endeared him to the Louisville fanbase. He has consistently improved each season, culminating in his first all-star nod this season. He has had a decent amount of small injuries, but the Sluggers are excited about Amphibian's future.

When asked about his journey and where he sees his career going in the future, Amphibian was upbeat despite the Sluggers entering a rebuild. "I love it here. They drafted me in the first round and gave me a shot right away. The fans love me. How can I not love that? I expect to be here for a very long time, perhaps my whole career. I mean, GM BP told me that they are rebuilding around me. That blows my mind. It makes me feel all warm inside despite my cold-blooded nature."

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2058.2 - Checking in with Amphibian

Post by ae37jr » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 am

You need to lock him up. If he hits free agency at 24, someone is going to give him $20+ million a season for 6 years.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 am

He’s a good one.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 am

28th pick? Nice.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am

Excellent player. If anything, he's lumped since being drafted. Between he and Tingle I'm not sure why so many of us were blind to these center fielders in those drafts.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am
Excellent player. If anything, he's lumped since being drafted. Between he and Tingle I'm not sure why so many of us were blind to these center fielders in those drafts.
I really have no idea. Both players were absolute steals.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”