Slugger Shavings 2058.1 - What if I pay caish?

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2058.1 - What if I pay caish?

Post by RT60 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:40 pm

The honorable and esteemed owner of the Sluggers, Millard Dovale, thought he had seen it all. He hired GM BP from Buenos Aires on a whim five years ago, thinking his team was so stacked, not even a cheap idiot GM could wreck it. He was very wrong. He never foresaw the depths of GM BP's potential financial mismanagement (though admittedly Dovale's tightening of the purse strings didn't help).

After the team brass patted themselves on the back for what they thought was a decent draft performance, this mismanagement became suddenly clear when all but one of the draft picks refused their initial signing offer, and instead of rubber-stamping a winning counter, Dovale simply held up his hands and said "sorry, you already spent too much."

The fear from GM BP on down to team trainer Russ De Jesus was palpable. In order to save his job, GM BP sent out a SOS to fellow BBA GMs to see if any could help supply a cash infusion. Luckily, Montreal was interested, and in came 5.5M of sweet delicious cash, but out went one of GM BP's favorites, Don Starr, who wasn't drafted by GM BP, but was supposed to be a future starter for the Sluggers after developing very nicely in the Louisville farm system. A serious injury took him out of the end of the 2056 season and the entirety of the 2057 season, which derailed those plans. GM BP has no doubt he will bounce back and at least be a solid reliever. Another player that went to Montreal was the freakishly tall Aelbehrt 'Wunderkind' Schlöndorff, a player GM BP brought over in a trade with Nashville back in 2054. "It's cool having a 7'2" reliever, but I like having the cash more," said GM BP.

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”