Slugger Shavings 2057.2 - Checking in on the new draft picks

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2057.2 - Checking in on the new draft picks

Post by RT60 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:38 pm

In the 2057 draft, many were scratching their heads at the first two picks made by Louisville. Their first pick at #16 went to 3B John Coxtolstoy. Most didn't have Coxtolstoy this high, or even in the first round, so GM BP's pick was a surprise. Did the Scottish-Romanian mafia have a part? Did GM BP owe Alan a favor? We'll likely never know.

Their second pick at #15 in Round 2 went to Vinz Clortho, which was also a surprise. The Sluggers have plenty of pitching prospects and certainly there were better pitchers available at this point in the draft. "I liked what I heard when we interviewed him before the draft. He seemed really focused. When I told him we take no prisoners in Louisville, he said that all prisoners will be released, which I think was his way of agreeing with our team philosophy. He could hold the key to our future."

Now that the shock has worn off, we thought we would check in with the two prospects as they get their feet wet with the Bowling Green Corvettes in the Spike Nolan League.

John Coxtolstoy
DG5AcjgVoAAi8x0.png
John Coxtolstoy enjoying a game of tennis at the Bowling Green Country Club.

"I'm loving it here in Bowling Green," said Coxtolstoy. "I can just sneak into the local club and play tennis whenever I want. They also give me whatever food I want. I just charge it to the Underhills." Whatever John is doing, it is working. He is currently the best hitter on the team hitting .357/7/18 in 21 games.

Vinz Clortho
d54b3d2b3a8a2ac0a29031bf9674b1e81.png
Vinz Clortho and his girlfriend relaxing on their Bowling Green apartment rooftop

"Yeah, I'm struggling," admitted Clortho. "I haven't been able to find a good gatekeeper..er, I mean catcher. I keep telling myself on the mound, wait for the sign, wait for the sign. And then the sign never comes. How will the prisoners get released like GM BP wants?" Clortho has apparently weirded out many of his teammates, and his 1-2 record with a 5.21 ERA is not making GM BP look smart. Perhaps Clortho just needs the right gatekeeper to help maximize his development.

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2057.2 - Checking in on the new draft picks

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:24 am

I'll take a bloody mary, a steak sandwich... and a steak sandwich.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”