Slugger Shavings 2056.5 - Everyone Loves the Love Machine

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2056.5 - Everyone Loves the Love Machine

Post by RT60 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:13 pm

Heads were down and faces long in the city of Louisville as the Sluggers were well on their way to finish surprisingly below .500 and coveted pitching prospect Don Starr suffered a season-ending UCL injury after just his first few starts in the BBA. GM BP had some options to replace Starr given the abundance of solid pitching prospects in AAA Missouri. Would he go for the highest-rated prospect Darrel Burns or perhaps the best pitcher in Missouri this season Bryan 'Love Machine' Ellender? Burns already had a sniff last season and proved he needed more time in the oven. The choice was clear. Time to call up the Love Machine.

Even though the Sluggers eventually eked out a sub-par 79-83 finish, it was Ellender that shined a light on the end of the season. The #71 prospect and ERA leader in Missouri went 3-0 with a 3.56 ERA in his five starts, his first in the BBA. "I felt good out there. I was just bringing the love, you know. I am excited about next season because I think I earned a place here next Spring."

When asked about the team's future plans for Ellender, GM BP didn't hesitate: "I think Bryan is exactly what our team needs. We have been waiting for him to blossom since picking him with the 41st pick in 2049. His future is bright. We can't wait! And for those keeping score, both Starr and Ellender combined to go 5-0 as late-season call-ups in their first BBA action. I am more than impressed."

Sluggers fans will surely discuss the team's promising young pitching as they hit the links this summer. They might also be discussing another reason to look forward to next season. More on that in the next Slugger Shavings.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Slugger Shavings 2056.5 - Everyone Loves the Love Machine

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:52 pm

s-l1200.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2056.5 - Everyone Loves the Love Machine

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:25 am

Poor Starr... 7 years of hard work to wind his way through the farm and then this. Ugh.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”