Slugger Shavings 2056.4 - A Starr is dimmed

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2056.4 - A Starr is dimmed

Post by RT60 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:18 pm

"Noooo!!!" yelled Don Starr. The #35 BBA prospect and new Sluggers starting pitcher had just been called up for the first time and was on a roll. But on August 30 against Hawaii, he suffered a torn UCL and will now be on the shelf for 11 months. Despite the injury, he still got the win, finishing his extremely abbreviated BBA inauguration with a 2-0 record and 3.48 ERA.

GM BP had so much confidence in Starr, he decided to trade strikeout machine Antonio Baldez to San Antonio for a couple prospects. Time will tell if that move was wise, but GM BP remained upbeat. "Look, Starr is going to be a star. He came up without warning and pitched like a champ. I told him not to worry because he is in the rotation next year. Tony was just not producing and I honestly ran out of patience. He is the past. Donny is the future, along with the other pitching prospects we have. I can't wait for next year."

Despite the injury, Starr remains upbeat. "I really appreciate the confidence the team and the fans have in me. I won't let them down."

The Sluggers are mired in a season they wan't to forget. Pundits thought they would being do better than below .500, but it looks like .500 is a dream at this point. "We just want to finish better than YS9," a random Sluggers fan shouted from the street. "I work in SW Ohio. I can't take it if we finish below them. I would need to wear ear plugs for all the trash talk."

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”