Slugger Shavings 2056.3 - A Starr is born

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2056.3 - A Starr is born

Post by RT60 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:27 pm

"Seriously?" asked Don Starr. "I've been called up? Yes!!!"

All of Chicagoland were elated to hear the news that Skokie-native Starr had been called up to Louisville as an injury replacement for Callum Martin. Martin was just having some mild shoulder inflammation, but it looks like the Sluggers brass wanted to use the opportunity to give the #35 BBA prospect a start in the big leagues to see what they have. Starr has been the best starting pitcher for the AAA Missouri Blues this season, going 11-5 with a 3.44 ERA and impressive 4.2 WAR.

Some have questioned whether Louisville should have called up higher rated prospects Darrel Burns and Ford Prefect (#17 and #18, respectively). GM BP noted, "Darrel has already had a sniff, and Ford needs a little more preparation. Don't forget Bryan 'Love Machine' Ellender . He is a #71 rated prospect and the ERA leader in Missouri. I love our pitching future. I could call all them up now and be happy. But baby steps."

Fans are eager to see what Starr can do. The Sluggers currently sit one game over .500 and six games back of the last wildcard spot. Perhaps Starr's presence can ignite a spark in the other starters.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Slugger Shavings 2056.3 - A Starr is born

Post by recte44 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:23 am

He was a 6/5/5 fifth round pick seven years ago, btw. Breakout season. Let's see what he can do!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”