Slugger Shavings 2055.4 - Time to Tank

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2055.4 - Time to Tank

Post by RT60 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:21 pm

A press conference was announced at the Truck Plant to announce the extension of popular player Taylor Michaels. The three members of the press that bothered to show up dutifully recorded the event.

GM BP noted, "We are very pleased to lock up The Tank for the long-term. Our pitching staff loves this guy, and he will be our rock as we get back to being a consistent contender."

Michaels signed a 5 year/57.1M contract that some experts instantly questioned. Michaels was drafted in the first round of the 2046 draft by the Sluggers and has been a consistent offensive and defensive force. But this season has been challenging for Michaels, with the catcher putting up career lows in all major offensive categories not including his rookie year.

"We have every reason to think Taylor will bounce back offensively next season. A lot of our players had off-years this season. Even if he improves a little bit, we'll be happy given his superb defense," said GM BP.

When asked why he chose to sign with Louisville and not test free agency, Michaels stated plainly, "My agent told me I got more money from Louisville than I would have been able to get from another team. He said it was the easiest negotiation he had done in a long time, and took pity on GM BP's obvious desperation. He said GM BP sometimes said Mendoza instead of Michaels during talks. I get it. We all miss Dozie."

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Slugger Shavings 2055.4 - Time to Tank

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:48 pm

Well, that is a big contract.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”