Slugger Shavings 2054.5 - Callum Crazy

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2054.5 - Callum Crazy

Post by RT60 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:45 pm

The Sluggers were up two games to one in their opening best-of-five series against Twin Cities. The Sluggers were proceeding as expected, given most had picked them to win the series. They had a chance to close out the series on the road to avoid a nail-biting game 5 in front of the home fans. Rather than go with the more conventional pick to start, manager Chris Hooper gave the ball to prospect Callum Martin, the #6 prospect in the BBA but someone who had never pitched above AAA. "This kid is our future. We are fully confident in his ability and he has nerves of steel. You'll see," said Hooper before the game.

It turned out that Hooper's confidence was not misplaced, as Martin pitched a complete game 2-run 4-hit gem. Unfortunately, the Slugger's offense failed to show up and only scored one run on three hits.

"We stunk. It was unacceptable. We let the kid down and he didn't deserve it. We just need to pick ourselves up and win the next one at home," said Slugger's star Luis Mendoza.

When asked what he thought of his trial by fire, Martin looked calm and said, "We lost. I didn't do enough. Simple as that. I am looking forward to getting my revenge next season."

It is clear that the Sluggers have a rising star on their hands, and their fans can't wait to see more.

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”