Slugger Shavings 2054.3 - Ski Patrol

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2054.3 - Ski Patrol

Post by RT60 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:42 pm

GM BP and Slugger's manager Chris Hooper sat in silence in GM BP's office at the Truck Plant following an otherwise pedestrian victory over Madison. The team was exceeding everyone's expectations and was neck-and-neck with Omaha for first place in the Heartland. But the two were acting as if the team had just been eliminated from playoff contention. In reality, they had just witnessed their best player, Luis Mendoza, limp off the field with a hamstring injury in the middle of one of his best seasons.

GM BP broke the silence. "WTF Chris? It was a beautiful 80-degree day here. How the hell could this happen? He has never missed time due to injury his entire career!"

"It happens. I had a feeling things were too good to be true, and this is the universe just course-correcting. I will do my best to keep the guys upbeat and focused. At least Armando got his 12th win tonight. We need him to finish strong. Also, I am worried about Timmy G. I think he knows he wouldn't be pitching this season if not for Yoshii Takuda being out all year, and he just lacks confidence."

"I could call up.."

"Please don't! It is your team of course, but look at our record. Let our prospects bake more. We just need to do well enough to get in the playoffs, and by then Luis will be back and ready to finish what he started."

"Okay, okay. Let's see how Tim does in September."

Suddenly, a knock at the door startled both men. "Hi skip, do you mind if I come in and tell you something?" It was Ski Melillo, the team's backup second baseman and DH.

"Sure Ski, what's up? BP, you don't mind?"

"No, of course not. What's on your mind, Ski?"

"I know everyone is feeling down about Dozie. But I promise you, I will do whatever I can to make up for him while he is out. I've been feeling good all year and I am ready for this. I won't let you down!" And with that, Ski turned right around and walked out.

"Were you going to start him Chris? What about Ivan?"

"Well, I am now!"

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2054.3 - Ski Patrol

Post by chicoruiz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:15 pm

When you’re a backup infielder, it never hurts your job security to brown nose it a little…
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:32 pm

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (12.24 KiB) Viewed 787 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:37 pm

And then he promptly breaks his elbow running the bases. I couldn't have scripted it better. Or worse.

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:29 am

….woah woah woah..”Pedestrian” win over Madison…. 😜

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”