Slugger Shavings 2052.6 - Down and Out

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2052.6 - Down and Out

Post by RT60 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:01 pm

Even though the writing had been on the wall from some time (and literally someone did put a sticky note on GM BP's office door that simply said "You're a loser!"), the pain of being eliminated from playoff contention still stung for Louisville fans across the world. The team had made the playoffs the two seasons before, and in nine of the last ten seasons. In the course of their 58-year history, they have made the playoffs 24 times. They weren't used to failure. This success has made them one of the BBA's most-hated teams. But also given them a devoted world-wide following. No corner of the globe was safe from this crisis.

This season was different from day 1 and it had the new GM's fingerprints all over it. A new GM whose first day last season was the day the team was eliminated from the playoffs. A new GM whose only off-season move was to bring in and over-pay for a single-stroking one-trick pony. A new GM who was handed a number of season goals by his owner, and only managed to meet one.

Word on the street is that GM BP is falling for the rookie GM move of obsessing over their own draft picks. A current Slugger who wished to remain anonymous told the press: "All I hear from his office is Amphibian this and Amphibian that. What the hell, man? We have a team that is here now and able to win. We can turn it around next season. Amphibian can kiss my mammalian ass."

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Slugger Shavings 2052.6 - Down and Out

Post by Dington » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:05 pm

Loooooserrrrvilllleeee
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2052.6 - Down and Out

Post by Trebro » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:56 am

You'll get 'em next year! Or maybe not! How the heck would I know, I just got here! ;)
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”