Slugger Shavings 2051.01 - A Work In Progress

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

lukefar
Ex-GM

Slugger Shavings 2051.01 - A Work In Progress

Post by lukefar » Tue May 24, 2022 7:53 pm

(sic) " a work in progress." ; The short and straightforward self summary of new GM Luke Farthing actions over his first offseason here in Louisville. Not having much time to evaluate his new organization, he had to make key decisions as Free Agency and Arbitration loomed, and the expiring of contracts of several key players.

Of which, one of the biggest names he was able to re-sign was Semei Kwakou, who agreed to a 6 year, $159 million dollar extension.
"Re-signing Kwak was my number one priority when taking over this organization. He has been instrumental to this core, and is so important to this city. It was a no-brainer. I will do everything in my power to make sure he retires a Slugger" Luke Farthing stated. "Please buy his jersey, that contract was f*cking expensive" he added

While fans were happy to have Kwak stick around, fans were still shocked and saddened by the departure of captain Fernando Castillo, who recently signed a contract with the Chicago Black Sox.

"Unfortunately the money wasn't there. In an ideal world, the salary cap doesn't exist, but I get why it does. It was a tough decision, but we have plenty of young guys knocking at the door who are ready to play ball." Farthing answered when asked about why he didn't extend Castillo a contract. " But we are still making moves and still doing everything we can to remain competitive and keep our farm replenished as the younger guys get the call, its still a work in progress. We wish nothing but the best for Castillo up in Chicago. He was a monster for us last season."

Some other moves GM Luke Farthing made were the acquisitions via trade of the defensive wizard star shortstop, Damek Korbel from the Hustler's, and in a 7 player deal, landing prospects CF Reed Graham, 2B Lou Tinter, and SPs Tim Gibbs and Makin bin Isma'il , along with snagging relief pitcher Ryan Harmon in the Rule 5 draft.

"We are hopefully on the right track with the moves we made thus far, and by freeing up money to spend elsewhere, and we will continue to make moves to surpass the Champs down in Nashville, one step at a time."

Big words from a new GM. Let's see if can continue the success that former GM Shaw brought to this franchise. But until then, its still a work in progress.
Louisville Sluggers GM

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Slugger Shavings 2051.01 - A Work In Progress

Post by Dington » Tue May 24, 2022 7:56 pm

Good moves so far. I don’t like it one bit. Big regrets on the Bourges trade with all those CF still sitting in FA.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Post by chicoruiz » Wed May 25, 2022 1:46 pm

Hey… Both Lou Tinter and Tim Gibbs are former farmhands of mine. Hope they work out for you…
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

mragland
Ex-GM

Post by mragland » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Louisville is low-key taking care of business. Not quite overtaking Nashville yet, but looking pretty solid.

Loss of Korbel stinks, though.
Morris Ragland
President, Baseball Ops, Beirut Cedars (8/25/46 - 10/23/47)
President, Baseball Ops, Valencia Stars (10/24/2047 - 11/06/2058)
1005-974 Lifetime Record
2048 Caleca Winner

"Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - W. Churchill

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:58 pm

mragland wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm
Louisville is low-key taking care of business. Not quite overtaking Nashville yet, but looking pretty solid.

Loss of Korbel stinks, though.
Hey! Quiet down peanut gallery! Nashville just took over Louisville and they don't wanna be handing it back over just yet.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”