Slugger Shavings 2045.01 - Spring Training Decisions - Rotation Locks

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Slugger Shavings 2045.01 - Spring Training Decisions - Rotation Locks

Post by sjshaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:53 pm

I hesitate to use the term, "locks," because two of these three are known for their... shall we say, lack of sturdiness. But when they're healthy, they're as good as it gets in BBA. However, it's entirely possible that they will miss some games this year, so future installments in this series will highlight our replacement options (spoiler: they're pretty good).

SP James 'Bijou' Browning - He's still recovering from last season's elbow decompression surgery, but projects to be fully recovered by opening day. While his ratings are still subject to change between now and then, it's interesting to note that he picked up 2 STU points, 1 MOV point, and 1 CON point since last season. Some of this (e.g., the STU) is ratings conversion-related, but not all. Perhaps he's learned some new tricks in his free time. Prior to his injury last year, he was cruising to a Nebraska Award, having put up 4.7 WAR and a 2.71 FIP in 24 GS. We'll treasure every start he can give us.

SP Armando 'Commie Child' Feliciano - People love to shit on this guy as always injured. I would again like to emphasize that he has started 32, 29, and 32 games the last three seasons, respectively (*knocks on wood*). People also love to shit on his ERA last season. I would again like to emphasize that he put up a 3.63 FIP last season. And 3.41 the season before that. Quite simply, he got BABIPed up the poop chute last season. Commie Child heard the rumors that he was thisclose to being traded this offseason. He also heard that the other parties had doubts about his ability. We're hoping he pitches mad this season.

SP Stan Palácios - Stan the Fucking Man will be in the rotation somewhere. A future Louisville Hall of Fame inductee for his 2043 playoff performance alone, Stan just shows up every 5 days and gives us a chance to win.
GM, Louisville Sluggers, end of 2038 - current

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”