The Dynasty 2017.11 Star shortstop Acquired

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

felipe
Ex-GM

The Dynasty 2017.11 Star shortstop Acquired

Post by felipe » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:48 pm

GM Hopkins brings the braying pack of Louisville Slugger beat reporters, national writers, and sports illustrated writers to a respectful silence as he walks up to the lectern at the head of the Sluggers media room at the Ballpark at Locust Grove.

"This is it boys,"he beams,"I've done and brought us the 2017 MBBA championship today!"

The horde gasps audibly, at a sudden loss for words. Slugger GM Hopkins is well known for his brash nonsensical proclamations and guarantees...but never like this!

GM Hopkins extends his arm around the short pudgy 5'9'' 215 lb man beside him, "I'd like to introduce you all to our new shortstop, two-time all-star, former Louisville Slugger first round draft pick, Daniel Silva!"

The press sits back stunned. Finally one voice tentatively ventures,"What...the failed Hawaii Tropics pitcher?"

"Well..yeah...but he has also averaged a WAR of 3, he's a great fielder, and averages 20 homers and ten steals a season with a .756 career OPS. Plus he's only twenty-eight. His last two seasons have been his most productive, and he's just entering his prime."

"But GM! Didn't you say when he refused to sign with you after being your first round pick in 2010 that you 'wouldn't waste the piss on him even if he was on fire?'"

"Look guys, that was before he fully developed and became an all-star shortstop."

Silva turns to Gm Hopkins,"You said that? That really hurts man..."

"Yeah, but you're the ungrateful bastard who refused to sign for any less than a major league contract, no matter what the bonus was."

"I had paid my dues man, I was a star for two years in college at AFLAC."

"AFLAC...pffftttt..."

"It only took me one year in AA to reach the SHOW in Hawaii! I deserved that big league contract!"

"Yeah, and you were shit for your first three years in the Bigs."

"They were trying to get me to pitch at the same time, you know."

"I wonder who's bright idea that was, Mr. Big league contract."

"I don't know why I agreed to come here!"

"Because you didn't have a choice Mr. Big League. I fuckin own you now, and I'm gonna twist, and twist and twist you around my little finger until you don't know if you're coming or going."

"Yeah...well...we'll see if I'm still here after two years!"

"Oh, I got no doubt you'd play anywhere as long as you get PAID."

"That's it. Fuck you GM, I'm out!"

GM watches his new shortstop stomp out of the media room, and turns back to the press.

"As you can see, past hurts have long since been forgotten and we're happy to have Silva here. I think he'll form a tremendous infield with Gomez, Clough, and Carlyle. And Forga too I guess, wherever we can fit him in."

"Oh yeah, we gave up some spare parts; Sammy Hampton, Gustav Arlt, Josh Carruthers, and some cash for him. Thank god Hawaii needed some cash, or we never would have gotten him."

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: The Dynasty 2017.11 Star shortstop Acquired

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:07 pm

I say make him work in the sweatshop. He can launder jerseys too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”