Slugger Shavings 2059.7 - Isa Been Nice

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2059.7 - Isa Been Nice

Post by RT60 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm

The matter is still being investigated, but early reports are indicating that the surprise signing of Khayyat Isa by Montreal may have been the result of a critical mistake by someone in the Slugger's front office.

"I told Dong (Assistant GM Dong Wu) to go get Isa signed before he filed for free agency. Not sure why Isa would have turned down our better offer to play in Montreal," said GM BP. "He didn't even call me."

"What are they talking about? I never got an offer from Louisville before I filed. I was actually disappointed because GM BP gave me a chance to start and I thank him for the awards I have won for my glove work," remarked Isa. "What choice did I have but to sign with Montreal?"

When asked for his recollection of events, Assistant GM Wu was evasive and only stated no comment. But he knew what had happened. Instead of drafting the offer and hitting send on the email to Isa's agent, Wu was distracted by a beautiful woman with a trace of a French Canadian (or perhaps middle Tennessee) accent who uncharacteristically approached him at a bar near the Truck Park. Twenty minutes later the window to send the offer to Isa was closed. Just like that.

"How I am going to tell GM BP?" thought Wu to himself. "I better start updating my resume."

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”