Slugger Shavings 2059.5 - Isa No-Brainer

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2059.5 - Isa No-Brainer

Post by RT60 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 pm

Khayyat Isa was a confused man. He had just received word that he won his third straight Diamond Glove Award for his sterling play in RF. But no call from GM BP despite Isa's expiring contract. To make matters worse, he was slightly annoyed that he didn't get to join his friends in the new Development Lab, though really he preferred to go back home to Egypt for the off-season.

"I don't get it," said Isa. "Maybe the money issues I heard about are worse than I thought. I don't cost that much. I know I don't have much pop for a corner outfielder, but I just won my third straight Diamond Glove and I stole 26 bases."

Unbeknownst to Isa, GM BP had been working feverishly for a plan to re-sign him. "I admit I bungled our cash position recently, and didn't have the money to extend him. It turns out that I was able to discover a hidden pot of money that I can use, and I am going to send him an offer forthwith. I know people question my fixation on Isa when there are "better" corner outfielders available, at least in a traditional sense. The fact is, I value defense. I value speed. I value the fact that my RF and CF have Diamond Gloves. Hopefully Gustavo can get one too after he returns from his dev lab assignment. I was bummed I couldn't send Isa to the lab, but I only just uncovered this extra stash of cash. I hope he takes advantage of the down time and relaxes."

Will Isa accept Louisville's extension offer after all this drama? Pundits appear to think Isa no-brainer.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2059.5 - Isa No-Brainer

Post by Trebro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 am

Isa bad pun. i approve.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”