Slugger Shavings 2051.3 - No Tears in Portland

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2051.3 - No Tears in Portland

Post by RT60 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:03 am

Louisville owner Millard Dovale flew to Portland this morning for Game 5. He no longer had a GM and his team were underdogs, but they held serve at home scoring 23 runs in Games 3 and 4 to push the series to a winner-take-all game. He found his way to the luxury box that would ultimately be his torture chamber for the night, and found a six-pack assortment of local Portland microbrew IPAs courtesy of the Lumberjacks. He chuckled and popped one open. Not bad, he thought. He held that same bottle for the entire game. Upon the final out, he calmly dumped the IPA down the sink and pulled out his favorite Bourbon. He sipped and sipped again, accepting of his team's loss in a way he had not expected.

It turned out that during the game, he received a text from the GM of the Buenos Aries Brisas accepting a job as GM of the Sluggers. He had reached out to BP the week before, wondering whether there was any interest. He received a lot of positive feedback about BP from people he trusted in the GBC. Good timing as it turned out because apparently the Mayor of Buenos Aires was planning to form a committee to investigate what was going wrong with their team, with a clear intent to scapegoat the GM. He found this hilarious. If BP could do that for a city in its first year with a team, I can't wait to see what he does to fire up the people of Louisville, he thought.

As he scrolled through Twitter reading endless posts calling for the immediate release of Greg Shaw, he made a voice memo to discuss Shaw's future with BP after BP's arrives from Buenos Aires. "That kid needs our support right now, and we need him going forward. He had an off year, but his future is still bright. Yes, he did lose two games in the series in poor fashion, including Game 5, but talk with him in the off-season to set him at ease. Good luck BP, we're all counting on you"

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Slugger Shavings 2051.3 - No Tears in Portland

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:34 am

Don't let @CTBrewCrew read that an IPA was poured down a sink.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 am

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:25 am

Yeah, I foresee some tension with the owner since IPAs are actually 95% of what I drink. I will introduce him to proper ales with Backwoods Bastard given his penchant for Bourbon then eventually introduce Hopslam. He will be a convert after that.

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:33 am

I like this guy already ! Someone just got my vote for GM of the year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”