Blowing in the Wind 2055.14: Jacksonville Signs Seddon To Three Year Deal

GM: Aaron Weiner

Moderator: aaronweiner

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Blowing in the Wind 2055.14: Jacksonville Signs Seddon To Three Year Deal

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 pm

The Jacksonville Hurricanes wasted no time re-signing their biggest acquisition from trade season, penning relief pitcher Luke Seddon to a three-year deal that will effectively cancel out his arbitration years. The reliever was projected to make $1.8 million in arbitration next year and around $7.2 million over three, so the contract represents a healthy raise over expectations.

"This kind of a contract will make it easy for me to just go out and do my job," said Seddon at a press conference announcing the signing. "The Hurricanes have shown the sort of faith in me that makes a guy happy to be here."

Seddon, 29, is having his best major league season by far. The righty hurler has a 5-4 record this year, a 2.65 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 71 innings of baseball. Since having been acquired by Jacksonville, the righty has a win and four saves and a 1.12 ERA.

"Luke is just exactly the sort of low-key, solid ballplayer we look for around here," said GM Aaron Weiner. "He's going to make a huge impact on our bullpen for many years to come."

Seddon is a late-blooming player who was initially believed to be a starting pitcher but settled into a bullpen role. This is by far his best major league season, as Seddon ranks amongst the top 20 relief pitchers in the BBA by advanced stats this year.

"This is going to be fun," said Seddon. "I've never had a contract like this, and I've been fighting for that my whole career, and this is just a dream come true. I can't wait to see what's next."

Return to “Jacksonville Zombies”