Blowing in the Wind 2056.6: Big Streak for Jacksonville Brings Them Back Into Wild Card Position

GM: Aaron Weiner

Moderator: aaronweiner

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Blowing in the Wind 2056.6: Big Streak for Jacksonville Brings Them Back Into Wild Card Position

Post by aaronweiner » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:08 pm

https://statspl.us/brewster/reports/new ... eam_3.html

For a while there, it looked like the Jacksonville draft pick was going to be a lot better next year. A slump had left them at 22-19, which is a solid record but far back of the most competitive wild card race we've seen in years. However, between May 19th and the end of May, Jacksonville reeled off eleven of twelve wins to push themselves right back into the thick of contention.

"We were doing fine, but it's a very tough race," said Jacksonville manager Farri Agymah. "Right now we're on a pace for 96 wins and we're the fourth wild card."

The race is not even one of those four-way races where nobody else is involved. Two teams, Calgary and Las Vegas, are a mere 2.5 games back of the Hurricanes and even Montreal, five games back, could certainly still be considered in it.

"A lot of incredible teams this year," said right fielder Donald Miller, who led the charge for Jacksonville and was rightfully rewarded with Player of the Month. "This is going to be something."

The Hurricanes are contending even despite some regression from Gerald Sizemore, who scouts fear might have lost something this offseason, and another shockingly terrible season from #2 starter Bob Anderson, whose 6.27 ERA is worst on the staff.

"We wish we could figure out what's wrong with Bob, but we just don't know," said rotation ace Bernie Stuart, on pace for another excellent season. "He's just such a great thrower - we wish we knew what to do."

One player who has been a huge revelation for the team has been fifth starter Juan Marroquin, whose 7-1 record and 3.22 ERA both rank near the top of the league. Marroquin was signed to a long-term deal last season and is already living up to its terms.

"I'm keeping the ball in the ballpark and throwing strikes," said Marroquin. "That's how I'm going to win games."

Jacksonville is currently 35-23 (.604) after two losses at home to the Rocky Mountain Oysters, and their schedule doesn't get any easier soon: they have upcoming series against New Orleans and Charm City this month after hosting Charlotte for four.

"We're just going to have to stay focused," said Agymah. "We've been locked in since the middle of May, and we just have to stay that way."

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: Blowing in the Wind 2056.6: Big Streak for Jacksonville Brings Them Back Into Wild Card Position

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:52 pm

i would be very frustrated about Anderson...15/8/8...his 2054 season should be his FLOOR!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Blowing in the Wind 2056.6: Big Streak for Jacksonville Brings Them Back Into Wild Card Position

Post by aaronweiner » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:58 pm

Lane wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:52 pm
i would be very frustrated about Anderson...15/8/8...his 2054 season should be his FLOOR!
I am. But also I can't do anything about it other than sell him low.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 pm

Just looked at Anderson. Ouch.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jacksonville Hurricanes”