Dugout Dirt 49.05 - Pickens Joins Trio to Receive Extension

GM: Aaron Weiner

Moderator: aaronweiner

DugoutDesperado
BBA GM

Dugout Dirt 49.05 - Pickens Joins Trio to Receive Extension

Post by DugoutDesperado » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:04 pm

In the third of three of the major contract extensions this off-season, Jacksonville inked a contract extension with slick-fielding third-baseman Jeremy Pickens.

The Canes tendered the four-year/ $45M deal that solidifies the other infield corner for the 2049 season and beyond. Jeremy has been awarded the Zimmer gold-glove at third base in each of the last three seasons.

Pickens worked his way through the Jacksonville farm system after being drafted in the first round of the 2039 draft. In 2043 Pickens made it onto the major league scene where he has been a fixture at third base during the last six seasons. Pickens has a shot of getting to 1,000 career hits if he can reach base 125 times this season and has hit 129 homers over his 6 seasons. Pickens as a combined WAR of 11.3 over the past three seasons despite having a down year with a 1.6 WAR in 2048.

“I am glad to see that the front office is committed to keeping most of us together with these three contract extensions,” Pickens stated. “I will do my best to reward the front office’s faith in me even though last year was not my best.”

Return to “Jacksonville Hurricanes”