Brooklyn State of Mind: Clontz Takes Step Forward (2058.6)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Clontz Takes Step Forward (2058.6)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:31 pm

In what has been a rough year for the Robins, one player did take a step forward. Parker Clontz wasn't considered a top 100 prospect since being drafted in 2055. That doesn't mean that his minor league numbers were terrible, nor does that mean that the Robins didn't develop him. That says that that he was part of a farm system that is a top half, and the ranking of prospects can always be debated. Clontz got his first sustained taste of the Show this year, and ended up hitting .300 and took advantage of his playing time.

Now the only problem that he is facing is that the defensive metrics weren't very good at an important position. The Robins are going to be rumored to focus on his defense next spring, as well as looking to bring in some better defenders. Clontz isn't concerned. "Look, the defensive side of the ball is something that the field staff and the front office has mentioned to me as the next point of emphasis to take the next step. This is all a process. What made this season good for me is that I was able to hit for average, and felt like I belonged in a big league uniform."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Clontz Takes Step Forward (2058.6)

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:01 pm

Parker has a nice bat but that’s a first baseman. A good defensive first baseman.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”