Brooklyn State of Mind: Lowry Embracing Role as Face of Robins Pitching (2057.11)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Lowry Embracing Role as Face of Robins Pitching (2057.11)

Post by lordtoffee » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:42 pm

In one of the most shocking free agency decisions of the offseason, Ollie Lowry made the decision to leave a contending team in Nashville for the Brooklyn Robins. For someone who was entering the prime of his career, to join a last place Robins team that had been quite frankly bad under their current administration was a surprise. It was a gamble for both sides, with Brooklyn pushing the boat out in the offseason, but it turns out that the Robins and Lowry have both embraced the expectations, and the Robins currently sit just under .500 and on the fringes of the playoff race in the competitive JL wild card hunt.

In a recent interview as the Robins were preparing to take on Atlantic City, Lowry seemed like someone who was comfortable with the decision. "I enjoyed my time in Nashville, and was part of a team that had a bunch of success. But when Mr. Ganesh and the front office met with me very early on in free agency, I felt very comfortable with what they were selling me on. There is some young talent here, and with the Robins being willing to invest some money, signing here was the right decision. Getting to start and being the ace of the staff has been a rewarding experience, and the guys have been hanging in there. There has been a different energy around Flatbush this year, and I'm confident that the front office is going to get us some guys to take the next step."

After a slow start in April, Lowry has dropped his ERA to under 4, and has won his last 4 decisions to help keep the Robins in the playoff hunt for now. He has also spearheaded an improvement with the Robins starting staff, where pitchers have seen their numbers improve. Make no mistake, Lowry's decision has benefitted himself and the Robins.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Lowry Embracing Role as Face of Robins Pitching (2057.11)

Post by Dington » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:11 pm

Go Ollie!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Lowry Embracing Role as Face of Robins Pitching (2057.11)

Post by lordtoffee » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 pm

Dington wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:11 pm
Go Ollie!
And looks like Nashville has been doing just fine without him.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:24 am

lordtoffee wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 pm
Dington wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:11 pm
Go Ollie!
And looks like Nashville has been doing just fine without him.
Fortunately.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”