Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Fans Are Excited (2057.7)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Fans Are Excited (2057.7)

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:55 pm

The Brooklyn Robins enter spring training as a team that has surprisingly improved by going into the free agency market and getting some good pieces. With an offseason that was graded as very good in terms of WAR added and team improvement, Brooklyn looks like it will get closer to getting back to the postseason, though a playoff berth would be likely out of reach. That isn't and indictment on Brooklyn, but more about the Frontier improving and the Atlantic projected to be a little tighter. But the biggest winner for the Robins has to be their box office and financial outlook.

The Robins were leaking money last year, and it was no surprise that they needed to find a way to improve the team and drum up some interest. BBA sources like to talk about the "Fan Interest" metric, and the Robins were able to increase it to a nice 78. That should mean that more fans are going to want to buy merch, come out to Brooklyn, or follow the team more.

Sources within the Robins have claimed that they are looking at selling somewhere close to 15,000 season tickets, which would be way up on last year. Attendance is projected to be an average of 42,000 a game, which would also increase revenue. The Robins are going to be more profitable, and with the extra profits and the mysterious PPT boost, they can go out and spend more money, which will start the virtuous cycle of winning that the Robins fans have craved for years.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Fans Are Excited (2057.7)

Post by Lane » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:29 am

I feel like Clulow is due for a breakout, and Morales has plenty of upside over what he's already done. With Lowry and Liu in the rotation mix, Brooklyn looks to be pretty close to making a playoff run.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:37 pm

I agree with Lane. There are a decent amount of star players on the team and another layer of solid depth pieces. I also like the way pitching and defense was the focus of the off season. While I don't expect Brooklyn to compete with the Charm City juggernaut quite yet. I can see them being one of the most improved teams in the league this year, possibly competing for the wild card.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:14 am

Exciting stuff happening in Brooklyn, I'll be watching closely and taking notes.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”