Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man Again (2057.5)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man Again (2057.5)

Post by lordtoffee » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:47 pm

The Robins ended up making a successful run earlier in the season to improve their pitching staff by getting Ollie Lowry in free agency after the consensus was that he would stay in Nashville or play for a BBA contender. With Calgary continuing to really be aggressive in free agency by adding an astounding 12.7 WAR improvement to their team as of this writing, most expected that Robins would make a couple of signings to flesh out their positions of need and have Lowry be the newcomer that would highlight the offseason. But then Chief Baseball Officer Ben Heuring decided to go shopping once again.

The Robins needed a middle infielder to help with their defense and add a little bit more pop, and the Robins got their man. As the media assembled at Ebbets Field for a press conference, Heuring began by sharing results of the Rule 5 draft and answering some questions about how he saw the offseason going, and his response to Calgary going all in as a rival executive. After answering those questions, Heuring cleared his throat, and then dropped his surprise on the media and the BBA world. "So while I am sure that you wanted to hear my thoughts about the offseason, the Robins are proud to announce that we have gotten another signing. Pepe, why don't you come out here and answer questions from these fine media folks?" Shortstop Pepe Espinosa walked out, and Heuring smiled. For a second time this offseason, the Robins had gotten someone who brought a proven track record to Brooklyn, and added more star power that the Robins could leverage. His fielding skills hadn't been let down, and Pepe wanted to play more.

"Yes, Pepe signed a two year deal with us, and will be playing in the middle infield for us. I know that this Robins team is older, but between Ollie and Pepe, there is a buzz surrounding Brooklyn, and the offseason will continue on with more decisions that this front office will make." By the end of the day, there were lines of Robins fans buying brand new Espinosa jerseys, and season ticket requests were coming in.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man Again (2057.5)

Post by Trebro » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:42 pm

I'll be watching this one, too. I'd considered him as a potential target.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”