Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man (2057.4)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man (2057.4)

Post by lordtoffee » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:47 pm

As the free agency portion of the BBA offseason started, the radio silence from Brooklyn was becoming insane. Nobody from the club was giving interviews, and while lists of potential free agents that would come to Brooklyn to replace those who were declined their options and arby estimates were circulating, no comments at all from the club came out at all. All of a sudden, the Robins invited the media to meet with them to announce a major announcement.

As the crowd gathered in the media room at Ebbets Field, Chief Baseball Officer Ben Heuring walked out and sat at a table and looked at the gaggle of local and national reporters. "Thank you all for coming out here tonight. I know that there has been a lot of media silence around these parts, and rumors swirling about what is the reason for this. Well, we finally have something to start to answer those questions. Allow me to introduce the newest Robin."

When Ollie Lowry walked out, there was a huge gasp among the reporters. Lowry was one of the prizes of free agency, and he had his choice of clubs to sign with. Instead of staying in Nashville or going to a contender, he had chosen to sign with the Robins? Heuring smiled as he handed Lowry a Robins jersey, and grinned. "So I bet you weren't expecting this? Ollie has signed with us for 12 million per year until the end of the 2062 season, and it's an honor on behalf of our ownership and front office to welcome him to the Robins. He is going to be a critical part of our pitching staff, and this move shows that the Robins are serious about getting better now. There is still nothing about the Decision that has been rumored, and the offseason plans will continue. In the meantime, you can buy your Lowry jerseys on the BBA website, the Robins website, and our team store in Flatbush."

Meanwhile, on WFAN Radio:
Welcome back to WFAN here in New York City. The Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 in OT, and St. John's will take on UCLA at the Garden tomorrow night as they continue to ramp up for Big East play starting next month. But breaking news out of Brooklyn. The Robins have struck quickly in free agency, signing All Star pitcher Ollie Lowry to be the new face of the pitching staff. What a move, and the Robins fans are already excited.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Man (2057.4)

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:03 pm

Hope he treats you well. Curious to see what he looks like in a starting rotation role.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Gotta love UCLA in the Big East.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Nice move!

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Post by lordtoffee » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:58 pm

RT60 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:46 pm
Nice move!
The bottom line is that I needed to improve the pitching situation, and help get more money into the team. This move helps with both, and we needed to do something like this. I can't believe he signed right away, but I'll take it.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:40 pm

I'll be watching this closely!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”