Brooklyn State of Mind: Miranda Has Impressive Debut (2056.1)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Miranda Has Impressive Debut (2056.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:42 pm

It's pretty obvious that the Robins are not likely to make the playoffs this year, as the pitching has been a struggle for the team and the Johnson has very good strength in depth based on April's play. But the Robins younger players have taken advantage of their chances, and Lawrence Miranda has been having an impressive opening few weeks despite his debut not being as anticipated by the wider BBA community as Prieto's debut. Though Prieto has been doing a great job, a discussion of his first few weeks in Brooklyn is the subject for another time and place.

Miranda was drafted in the 4th round in 2052, and the Robins were excited to pick him up in the 4th round given that his scouting reports and high school body of work suggested that he could be a contributor at the major league level, and after signing out of the draft, he ended up having a successful few years in the minors, including a very good 2055 at AA ball. The Robins liked his development so much and gave Miranda a chance to play in the BBA, and so far he has demonstrated a knack for getting on base, driving in runs, and providing positive contributions with his bat. Hitting as a rookie can be difficult, but Miranda has proven that despite not being a top 100 prospect at any point during his time in the minors, that he can play a part in the BBA.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Miranda Has Impressive Debut (2056.1)

Post by chicoruiz » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:47 pm

I like to see guys who weren’t top draft picks turn out to be contributors. In MLB, and in the BBA.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Miranda Has Impressive Debut (2056.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:46 pm

chicoruiz wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:47 pm
I like to see guys who weren’t top draft picks turn out to be contributors. In MLB, and in the BBA.
What makes Miranda doing great is that he was a 4th round pick, and once he got to the minors he just started hitting against older competition up through AA ball. So I figured why not give him a shot, and he's been hitting .321 as a rookie with no AAA experience. He should get some Gillstrom votes, but I don't think he's going to win given some other young talent has been doing well across the league.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”