Brooklyn State of Mind: Pitching and Defense Will Be Focus In Offseason (2055.1)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Pitching and Defense Will Be Focus In Offseason (2055.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun May 14, 2023 3:12 pm

Brooklyn ended up winning 64 games in 2054, but it could have been more if not for a putrid September where they only won 6 games. But there were signs of progress. Emilio Morales Jr. improved on his power numbers and batting average, and has started to develop against major league pitching. Center field prospect Wilson Prieto was able to advance to AAA, where he will be expected to begin 2055 with an eye on promotion to Brooklyn depending on how things go. And despite the disappointing end to the season, the Robins will have the 2nd pick in the draft, which should net them another prospect to work with.

With some money coming off the books, the Robins are going to have a decent amount of cap space to work with. It's no secret that what the Robins are going to need are pitching and defense. While seeing something like Robinpalooza might not happen, don't be surprised to see the Robins make sure to get in a couple of starters and relievers, with some defensive upgrades emphasized to surround what is already coming back.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Pitching and Defense Will Be Focus In Offseason (2055.1)

Post by Jwalk100 » Sun May 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Defense will help the pitching.
ImageImageImageImageImage

JimSlade
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Pitching and Defense Will Be Focus In Offseason (2055.1)

Post by JimSlade » Mon May 15, 2023 7:30 am

I'll be bumping into you in the Leather aisle.
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Mon May 15, 2023 9:45 am

Prieto flanked by McKinney in right and McFadden in left is a solid outfield on both sides of the ball. I'd suggest maybe pick up a cheap veteran like Edward Lake to platoon with McKinney. Or even use a rule 5 pick for a similar type younger player. Usually there are plenty of decent lefty corner outfielders available.

The infield needs a little more work. Just being perfectly honest. Your best path to success in 2055 is to send Morales down for a season(or trade him to Niles for anything you want) and move Geloran to his natural position at 3B. Geloran and Brace are solid offensive contributors, but you hit the nail on the head about defense hurting your pitching staff. Those two were the biggest culprits dragging the pitching down.

That's just my opinion. I like to play armchair GM and often look at other teams and pretend I ran them for a day. I think you are doing a real good job. It's just a matter of putting the right pieces in the right places.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”