Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Bullpen Yet Again (2054.6)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Bullpen Yet Again (2054.6)

Post by lordtoffee » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:20 pm

So it turns out that the local and national BBA media are getting very familiar with Ebbets Field this offseason, and all of the local merchants are happy with getting a cut of the per diem that the publications are paying for. But this isn't a team news about the neighborhood around Ebbets Field. The Robins continued to bolster their bullpen with the signing of reliver Jorge Hernandez.

Hernandex is a veteran pitcher who served as the closer for Twin Cities for the past two years, and will form part of the back end of the bullpen. Rumors were swirling that Arnold Cantrell will be looked at for a starting role after excelling as the closer, and Chief Baseball Officer Ben Heuring didn't deny the rumors. "Arnold is someone who has had the stamina to start, and with having two guys who are former closers themselves coming in, that could be a boost to both the bullpen and the rotation. It isn't unheard of for a former closer to be converted to a starter, and if Arnold is going to be that guy, then he would be in the middle to the back half of the rotation. But getting Jorge in will help the team regardless. A veteran leader is always useful to a young team, and I'm proud to note that we have improved the team. With an expected better financial outlook this year in both season tickets, attendance, and per game average, the Robins will be able to spend to the cap within the next year or two. Once again, I don't foresee a 20-30 win improvement in 2054, but I do believe that the product on the field is going to be better. I'd love it if the team does win 20-30 more games to prove me wrong in a good way."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”