Brooklyn State of Mind: No Need to Be Worried About Morales Jr. (2053.6)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: No Need to Be Worried About Morales Jr. (2053.6)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:06 pm

Emilio Morales Jr being called up for Opening Day was one of the biggest surprises in the BBA this year, and generated a ton of interest among rival executives and the wider BBA community. At only 19 years old and with mixed results in AA, the Robins decided to go all in on building among their young prospects while providing the Robins fans an excuse to come out to the ballpark.

Morales Jr didn't have the best year, as he barely hit over the Mendoza line. But for a 19 year old playing in the Show, there wasn't an expectation of him being the savior overnight. "When the press conference happened in April, that was really a vote of confidence in myself. I've always backed myself to do well, and the team was very clear that they wanted me to get used to the Show while they work on adding some talent around me. What did I learn in my rookie year? I have to just keep trusting the process and earning the chance to get enough reps. The team was able to try and improve, and with the right investments and moves by Mr. Heuring, we can take the next step."

There is a sense of optimism heading into this very important offseason. With the Robins getting another high draft pick plus having two retained contracts coming off the books, plus a plan to get more cash to spend, the Robins can get better. Morales Jr will be a key piece, but he is going to need some help and more reps. As the BBA series gets going, the Robins already have a rumored list of targets in mind according to a high placed source within the organization. Chief Baseball Officer Ben Heuring and his staff were rumored to be holed up at an undisclosed restaurant every night during the playoffs doing some scouting, and Robins scouts have been at every single playoff game at all of the BBA levels. Should be a fun offseason.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”