Brooklyn State of Mind: Gordon Ford Has Improved Despite Team Showing Growing Pains (2053.3)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Gordon Ford Has Improved Despite Team Showing Growing Pains (2053.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:05 pm

The Robins haven't been expected to do a lot of winning, and improving the pitching staff is going to be a major priority of the offseason with a couple of retained salary coming out of the books, but there has been one position player who has been a pleasant surprise. Gordon Ford has been very good in the LHP lineup that the Robins have been trying out, and has steadily improved the past couple of years to become a potential free agent signing that could fill a role as a bench bat or platoon option.

Ford's free agent market this year will be interesting. We have seen a slight uptick in new GM talent over the past year or so, and every GM in the league is smart and capable. But as this author once said on a podcast, understanding how a team operates and what a GM sees requires at least a season or two. I have personally seen more GMs come in who want to play the platoon style in my view, which means that Ford could fit in as a value signing on a team that needs a bat against leftys. But Ford's numbers could play well against RHP, so does that mean a bidding war? Who knows, but Brooklyn will be looking at Ford to get locked in at a decent price.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Gordon Ford Has Improved Despite Team Showing Growing Pains (2053.3)

Post by Trebro » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:32 pm

I am flabbergasted by how much platooning is done here in the BBA.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Gordon Ford Has Improved Despite Team Showing Growing Pains (2053.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:05 pm

Trebro wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:32 pm
I am flabbergasted by how much platooning is done here in the BBA.
I've seen some platooning in other leagues, but here it seems to be the house style.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”