Brooklyn State of Mind: A Press Conference, Or An Explanation (2053.2)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: A Press Conference, Or An Explanation (2053.2)

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:39 pm

"Ben, why promote 3 rookies who haven't gotten a lot of seasoning in the minors? Isn't that tanking?"

"No, it's not tanking. The Robins have been active in the trade market since the start of last season, have signed players during the season, and are willing to invest in the wavier wire, as evidenced by the transaction wire and reports. The reason for bringing up those 3 prospects in particular is that the organization has tried to be patient, but have been scuffling around the 90-100 loss region the past few years despite attempting to improve while those three players develop. What is important to keep in mind is that both Morales Jr. and Cuclow Jr have high popularity, in addition to our two major free agent signings in Sousa and Fernandez. Fan Interest and Fan Loyalty are both average, with plans to improve that by targeting a couple of high popularity players. I would rather call up young players who can help the team now rather than wait. Player development is fickle, and my philosophy as a GM in this league to keep active and when things haven't worked, to take a chance."

"Ben, can you give me an insight on how the finances are looking at this point in the season, given the X Generation strategy has been announced and the Robins have opened at home?"

"Sure thing. The BBA is almost as much a financial league as a baseball league in terms of who is successful. Our season ticket holders have increased from 7,987 to 9,288, which is an increase of 16%. We have seen increases in both per game revenue and attendance so far, though it is a small sample size. Our new coaching staff at the BBA level all has a minimum of average in terms of player development, and our manager in Paco Creteles was signed specifically with the idea that his track record of player development at the AAA level combined with elite ratings in developing all facets of players made doing the X Generation strategy possible. This wasn't a decision that was made overnight, and there was a real thought that this is a way to shake things up in Brooklyn to build around a young core while adding veterans that can help with Fan Interest as well as attempt to improve."

"Ben, what are your goals for this year, given how radical this strategy is?"

"My goals are realistic yet simple. See continued improvement in the finances of the team, all three of our young rookies to develop and put up good numbers, and an increase in wins as we build up a team to be competitive. This ain't tanking, and the Robins are trying to build buzz, give a quality product, and be an asset to the league that can positively impact the playoff race this year. 75 wins would be the goal, with award consideration a strong factor."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: A Press Conference, Or An Explanation (2053.2)

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:54 am

Hope it works out. There are still several FA that can help your team and I think 75 wins is doable with a couple more moves. The Atlantic is really weak right now, so you can steal a few wins that you wouldn’t have been able to do previously.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:34 am

I don’t think anyone is going to accuse you of tanking. Any pushback you hear about is going to be concern that this strategy won’t allow those prospects to develop and that even should they develop you have burned their most valuable years (the cheap ones).

Also you already have the number one pick don’t you? Tanking wouldn’t get you anything.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:12 pm

bschr682 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:34 am
I don’t think anyone is going to accuse you of tanking. Any pushback you hear about is going to be concern that this strategy won’t allow those prospects to develop and that even should they develop you have burned their most valuable years (the cheap ones).

Also you already have the number one pick don’t you? Tanking wouldn’t get you anything.
I think the development issue is the key and the experience will actually help all of us to see it tried, though I've posted my doubts previously. Personally, with a talent decline on the horizon I would have held them back as long as it made sense to be higher players while rest of us are promoting 35/40/45 people to start while debating which in decline stars in 2055 won't decline horribly.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”