Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Sign First Baseman/DH (2047.3)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Sign First Baseman/DH (2047.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:35 pm

The Robins may be struggling out of the gate, but that didn't stop the team from making a signing that should add some intrigue. Brooklyn is proud to announce that they reached into the free agent pool to sign first baseman and well-known power hitter Bartolo Ortiz to a deal valued at just under $2 million for the rest of the year. Bartolo has hit over 400 career home runs, and has bounced around since his spell with the Phoenix Talons during the 2030s. The reason for the signing was to upgrade the lineup, as well as to increase the fan interest and drum up some attendance. Also, the Robins are still going to try and compete, as they have a ton of cap space to work with, and want to show that they are at least trying to improve their team.

If Ortiz performs, then he might stick around. If he doesn't have a good year, then it is a low risk bet even if attendance and fan interest doesn't spike. Ortiz spoke to the media ahead of the Robins game against Montreal, and had some nice things. "Ben and his staff reached out to me about a week ago, and I'm glad to be back in the BBA. This is a prove it contract, and I hope that the Brooklyn fans can overlook my time with Atlantic City back in the day. This should be fun."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”