Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins New Ownership Allows Rebuild, And GM Leaks Memo (2047.1)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins New Ownership Allows Rebuild, And GM Leaks Memo (2047.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 pm

The Brooklyn Robins may play in the biggest media market, but they are trending towards James Dolan ownership level bad. After starting what looks like a rebuild, the team was surprisingly sold to owner Nagendra Ganesh, who officially completed his purchase just before the start of free agency. It's a new slate, and GM Ben Heuring has a lot of questions. First, after a salary cap purge to clear some cap room, and the Sawyer Slizz Watch starting on Robins Twitter as well as BBA Twitter, questions are how ownership would be willing to let the rebuild happen.

Ganesh had his introduction press conference at Ebbets Field, and he was asked about the situation. "Well, I am penny pinching, but I am willing to be lenient. Ben and his front office team took acceptable risks, and he has more information to share about that after I am done. He's going to get the time he needs, because he's had success both here and with the Hammers. After all, this league is patient with the front office, and everyone gets a blank slate."

President of Baseball Operations and GM Ben Heuring than took the stage, and said some remarks. "I would like to welcome Mr. Ganesh to Brooklyn, and I'm excited to have him be the new owner of the Robins. He and I have had some discussions about the future, but per our agreement what was discussed will remain private as it contains information that I don't want the rest of the league to know. But I do have something to share."

He drank some water, and pulled out a piece of paper. "In October of 2042, I was hired by previous ownership after Alan Elhers left the team. During that time, Mr. Elhers was nice enough to have me in for a meeting to introduce me to the staff and share what his vision for the future was. It was very generous of him, and speaks to his character. I was told that I could either go for it, or rebuild. Considering that I was left a division winning team, I went for it. It didn't work out as well as I wanted to, but it was better to go for it rather then wonder what would happen if I didn't."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

7teen
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins New Ownership Allows Rebuild, And GM Leaks Memo (2047.1)

Post by 7teen » Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 am

Leaked memos? Keeping things private?

Good thing Portland has an ASS GM that knows how to uncover secret doings.....
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50