Brooklyn State of Mind: Promising Start Despite Injuries (2045.2)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Promising Start Despite Injuries (2045.2)

Post by lordtoffee » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 am

It is fair to say that Spring Training hit the Robins hard. With the news that Pierre Legrand going down, there was a lot of concern over the Robins. It is hard to blame people for writing off the team. After all, the Robins don't have the greatest rotation in the world, and the preseason predictions figuring that the division was going to be tight, any injury would shake up the race. But the good news for Robins fans is that the team has kept pace in the early going, sitting 2 games back of the Blazers at a record of 14-9.

One of the keys to the good start is that despite the starting rotation being in need of some patching, the bullpen has been simply great. The Robins have the best bullpen ERA in the Johnson, and the closer change has proven to be the right call. Enrico Morales was given the 9th inning, and seemingly flying against the trend of other teams going with the stopper. Robins GM Ben Heuring had some interesting thoughts about that. "I did notice that the stopper trend is becoming very much standard among the BBA. I talk with the on field staff constantly about what needs to be done, and how we can get the best out of the roster. Since Enrico has been doing a good job, I feel like we should let it ride."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”